- Ascended Fanon:
- Derpy Hooves / Muffins delivers a letter, a reference to the common fan interpretation of her as a mail carrier.
- When we see the Changeling versions of the Mane Six, AJ is eating a pear. Memetic Mutation has long had it that AJ hates pears.
- I Knew It!:
- Many fans predicted that the Ragtag Bunch of Misfits would include Trixie and Discord due to various tweets from the director and actor, respectively, suggesting they would be making return appearances in the season. Thorax was also a guess based on the recurring changeling element being built up in the season.
- The return of an old villain suggested in the synopsis led many to conclude the appearance of Queen Chrysalis, as she was one of the few previous villains still at large and the changelings have had a presence previously in the season. They are proven right as Chrysalis has launched a larger plan to conquer Equestria, this time making sure the entire Royal Family and the Elements of Harmony are already out of the picture and replaced by impersonators like she had done with Cadance.
- The changeling that replaced Applejack is eating a pear which proves that changelings aren't entirely dependent on love for sustenance and can consume foods as well.
- Many fans assumed Trixie has peanut butter crackers as her Trademark Favourite Food like her human counterpart. Here, she mutters them in her sleep.
- Recycled Script:
- The opening subplot of Starlight having misgivings about attending the festival at her old village is similar to Princess Luna's concerns in Princess Luna and the Festival of the Winter Moon.
- The changelings taking over Ponyville and kidnapping some of the heroes (In this case, the entire Mane Six and the Royal Family) gleans a bit from the first issue of the comic book.
- Short Run in Peru: This half of the episode was released in the United Kingdom on October 6, over a whole two weeks before the joint parts' scheduled premiere in the USA.
Trivia / My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic S6 E25 "To Where and Back Again – Part 1"