- Ascended Fanon:
- A changeling being able to sustain itself from a mutually loving relationship was a common fan plot. That is exactly what Thorax desires to do.
- Changelings hatching from eggs and having a grub stage was a common belief in the fandom, this episode confirms that it is true.
- This episode seems to confirm the fandom's habit of giving changelings insect-related names; "Thorax" in this case being the torso area of an insect's body.
- A few fans had believed that changelings were a One-Gender Race, but Spike calls the changeling who saved him by male pronouns, and he has an obviously male voice, and as we know, Chrysalis is female. Two genders it is.
- Others also believed that the whole race shared a Hive Mind, with varying details. As it turns out, changelings can have a sense of individuality.
- Out of Order: This is the seventeenth episode in production order but is the sixteenth episode in broadcast order.
- Recycled Script:
- A whole town in a panic over a lone Dark Is Not Evil member of a different species, and one main cast member takes the time to find out the outlander isn't so scary. This is the same plot as "Bridle Gossip" from Season 1.
- Thorax mentions that massive outpourings of love can cause him to lose control and go somewhat wild. This same behavior occurs on a larger scale in Lyra and Bon Bon and the Mares from S.M.I.L.E..
- The cast easily antagonize a character who wants to redeem themselves? Why, that's "No Second Prances" all over again.
- Talking to Himself: The Crystal Empire Guards are practically indistinguishable from each other when they talk since they have the same voice actor speaking all of their lines.
Trivia / My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic S6 E17 "The Times They Are a Changeling"