- Flip-Flop of God: Limestone Pie was stated to be the oldest of the Pie siblings, only for the writer to back down once called out for there being nothing in the episode making it explicit.
- I Knew It!: Ever since Marble Pie was first seen as a filly with her mane hanging over half of her face, the fandom frequently portrayed her as a Shrinking Violet similar to Fluttershy. This episode confirms that characterization.
- Hardly anyone expected Limestone to be such a jerkass.
- The theory that Pinkie Pie is an illegitimate child has now been invalidated.
- And the one that Octavia is Marble/Inkie Pie.
- Some had wondered during Pinkie Apple Pie if Pinkie was on bad terms with her family and that's why she was so excited to learn she was related to the Apples. This episode shows that Pinkie's familial relationship is pretty good.
- Many had assumed Marble and Limestone were twins and younger than Pinkie, but Marble is stated to only be a few minutes younger than Pinkie making it likely the two are twins. Limestone's age though is somewhat unknown, at least one writer called her the oldest of all four sisters, but it's never stated in canon and there is a possible theory she is the oldest triplet out of Pinkie, Marble and herself.
- The Other Darrin: In "The Cutie Mark Chronicles", Igneous was voiced by voice director Terry Klassen. Here, he's voiced by Peter New, the same VA as Big Macintosh.
- Talking to Herself:
- Ingrid Nilson not only reprises her role as Maud, but voices the other two Pie sisters as well.
- Andrea Libman not only voices Pinkie, but her mother as well.
- What Could Have Been: According to Jim Miller, the Big Macintosh/Marble Pie ship was thrown in for the other writers to expand upon. It was soon abandoned when they found the Big Macintosh/Sugar Belle pairing more feasible. Hasbro also got nervous about Big Macintosh possibly being Marble Pie's distant cousin.
Trivia / My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic S5 E21 "Hearthbreakers"