- Fan Nickname:
- Some fans have taken to naming the tourist "Ms. Peachbottom" after the original name of the Equestria Games inspector, while the Derpibooru Community has given her the name "Chickadee" based on her chicken cutie mark.
- For Rainbow Dash's father, popular fan nicknames are "Roy G. Biv" and "Spectrum", and occasionally Rainbow Blitz. "Rainbow Dad" is also acceptable. This fanfic uses Blue Streak.
- The fans referred to the Crystal Mud Bath as the "Gak Bath", due to it behaving very much like the product in question, the commercials for which appeared incredibly often during the season premiere.
- Jossed: In "The Crystal Empire - Part 1" and "Part 2", we only saw Crystal Pony foals in Celestia' projection of the Crystal Empire as it was before King Sombra took over, leading to a large amount of fan speculation that they all died off under Sombra's rule. In this episode, we see a couple of them running around (one of whom matches one of the two seen in the projection), and they're too old to be newborns, indicating that the children survived under Sombra's rule, they just were kept out of sight.
- Lying Creator: Twitter feeds claimed that "Twilight goes a little goofy" in this episode, when actually she manages to stay calm for possibly the first time ever!
- Might not really be a total case of Lying Creator — Twilight did go a little goofy when she started hypervenhilating when they found out they got the wrong pony, it was just for a few seconds and not as pronounced as the other times she went goofy. Rainbow Dash, however, managed to pick up some of Twily's "jumping to conclusions" habit.
- What Could Have Been: Ms. Harshwhinny was originally going to be named "Ms. Peachbottom". The name was adopted for the tourist pony who was mistaken for her instead.
Trivia / My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic S3 E12 "Games Ponies Play"