- California Doubling: The interiors were shot in the Hotel Jefferson in Richmond, Virginia, dressed to look like Café des Artistes in New York City.
- Colbert Bump: The film brought a lot of attention to the Findhorn commune in Scotland — locals who were not a part of it were reportedly not pleased.
- Follow the Leader: Richard Linklater's best films (Slacker, Waking Life, the Before films) follow the same narrative structure, though in his films, his protagonist(s) don't remain in a single location.
- Playing Against Type: Troma provided production support, while Troma co-founder Lloyd Kaufman edited the film on his Moviola at Troma. Yes, the same Moviola that edited films like The Toxic Avenger edited My Dinner With Andre.
- Referenced by...: The Community episode "Critical Film Studies" pays homage to this film. Jeff plans a surprise Pulp Fiction-themed birthday party for Abed. Abed asks Jeff to meet him at a fancy restaurant in order to have dinner and a "real conversation," delaying their arrival to the party. The dinner turns out to be basically an My Dinner with Andre-themed party, which upsets Jeff when he first finds out.
Trivia / My Dinner with Andre