- Audience Participation: The official website currently has a Fighting Web Game called Humans vs. Vampires, where you pick a side and battle against opponents on the other team. The ending for the next season will be determined by whichever team gets the more wins; if the human side wins, the season will end with a Happy Ending, but if the vampire side wins, the bad guys will win. By the looks of things, the final season will have a Happy Ending.
- Dueling Shows: With The Troop.
- Follow the Leader: Inspired by Twilight? Naw! If anything, it's more of a Spiritual Antithesis of Twilight. And besides, the show is arguably more of a Follow the Leader of Buffy the Vampire Slayer or possibly Big Wolf on Campus anyway.
- No Export for You: More of the "US 1st, Canada months later" kind in its native Canada, for both seasons.
- Only So Many Canadian Actors
- Word of God: Mike Kiss (a writer) agrees with Vanessa Morgan (plays Sarah) that Ethan and Sarah have progressed to more than friends by the end of Season 2.
Trivia / My Babysitter's a Vampire