- All-Star Cast: See the Touhou Wiki entry for a complete list and links to their Anime News Network articles. Notably, Aki Toyosaki (as Suika) was the least well-known member of the cast at the time the first episode was released, about four months before her breakout role as Yui in K-On!.
- This is more than likely the real reason for the delays—having to pay to use these big names probably isn't cheap as well has having having the time to do voice-work for a work like this.
- Casting Gag:
- It's too obvious why they choose Rie Tanaka (Sakuya) for voicing a maid.
- Similarly, it's also too obvious why they chose Ai Kayano (Yuyuko) - she voiced a certain ghost.
- Ditto with Aoi Yuki (Youmu), since she voiced two sword-wielding girls or was related with the undead.
- Or Yuka Iguchi (Tewi), since she voiced another girl whose last name is Inaba, or related with rabbits.
- A more complex one involving Kikuko Inoue: Assuming she's Yukari Yakumo, she already voiced one girl with a similar name: Yukariko Sanada. And has a habit of understating her age, much like the fanon version of Yukari.
- Development Hell: Where the fourth episode currently resides, despite being promised to be just three.
- Doing It for the Art: This is one of the most expensive Touhou Fan Works.
- No Export for You: There are English subtitles, thanks in part to KirbyM. So, for all you English-speaking fans that want to support MAIKAZE and hopefully push the second and third episodes out of Development Hell... good luck with that. Almost none of the retailers who stock the first disc ship internationally.
- Palet Web is one that does.
- Promoted Fanboy: KirbyM, better known as the creator of the popular Walfas fansite, was specifically asked to help with the official English subtitles for the DVD release.
- Relationship Voice Actor: They haven't directly interacted with each other, but Marisa and Sakuya are Shinkuu and Suigintou respectively.
- Ironically, Miyuki Sawashiro would go on to voice Sakuya in Koumajou Densetsu II.
- And then there's Yukari and Reimu (if the Epileptic Trees prove to be true), who are Sanae and Nagisa respectively.
- Reimu and Marisa are Yggdra and Milanor respectively.
- Most of the female voice cast also worked in the Queen's Blade franchise.
- Patchouli and Remilia's VA's also voiced Heart Aino and Eko respectively.
- In a very bizarre case of this, Kikuko Inoue (Yukari) and Ai Kayano (Yuyuko), reprise their respective characters in The Sealed Esoteric History, a Chinese-Japanese Touhou fanime.
Trivia / Musou Kakyou: A Summer Day's Dream