- Creator Backlash: Alfred Hitchcock was never happy with the final result and was later dismissive of the film. He later claimed that he did it purely as a favour to Carole Lombard.
- Creator's Oddball: A screwball comedy directed by...Alfred Hitchcock?
- Directed By Castmember: Carole Lombard directed Alfred Hitchcock's cameo, making him do repeated retakes.
- What Could Have Been:
- The role of David Smith was originally meant for Cary Grant.
- Hitchcock wanted to cast Carole Lombard in other films of his, believing her to be a capable dramatic actress. However, this remained her only Hitchcock film because of her sudden death shortly afterwords.
- Working Title: Who Was That Lady I Seen You With? and No for an Answer.
Trivia / Mr. & Mrs. Smith (1941)