- Acting for Two: Fred Armisen plays Skip and his father.
- Actor Allusion: In "Quarantine", Cap, while using extensive heat to cure his sickness, proclaims that he's "hot and cold at the same time." Walk Hard, anyone?
- Dueling Works: With Netflix's Space Force, another space-themed comedy series, though Moonbase had already been in the can by the time Space Force was announced. It also comes on the heels of the National Geographic/Disney+ miniseries remake of The Right Stuff, which also focuses on astronauts preparing for a space mission; as well as another Netflix series, Away (which had been cancelled by the time Moonbase premiered).
- Inspiration for the Work: During the show's virtually conducted Paleyfest panel, John C. Reilly stated that the general idea for this show began with a National Geographic article he had read about a research base in the Arctic. One particular image that accompanied the article depicted pallets of beer being loaded into the base, with a line in the article itself suggesting that things got "complicated" in there.
- Meaningful Release Date: The first teaser dropped exactly 58 years after John F. Kennedy made his space travel speech in 1962, which is replayed in the teaser itself.
- The Shelf of Movie Languishment: Or rather, TV series languishment. It was originally produced and filmed in 2018, after which A24 shopped it around to various networks before it finally got picked up by Showtime in August 2020.
- What Could Have Been: Rob Gronkowski was the creators' first choice for the Stunt Casting in the first episode, but they couldn't get him so they got Travis Kelce instead.
Trivia / Moonbase 8