- Current Superstar and X-Book writer, Jonathan Hickman listed Monet as one of his top 5 favorite mutants.
- She was not originally conceived as Muslim. From her creation in 1994, she wasn't connected with any religion but was shown to celebrate Christmas and her last name is French for Holy Cross. It was during Peter David's X-Factor run in 2011 where a Muslim heritage became a part of her character.
- There was controversy in X-Factor over Monet's skin being whitened, which many fans called out as a Race Lift. In 2006 X-Factor vol 3 issue 4, the letters page shows a fan inquiring to Peter David about it and he responds that what her skin should be is confusing, but notes that she did have dark skin and they would likely darken her a bit.◊ On his website in 2010, another fan inquired about it and he responded that even though she was progressively being darkened, he was still getting fan complaints asking why she was white◊.
- Years after X-Factor ended, David Yardin, who did many of the covers stated that Monet was getting many shades lighter than her original look, and as such he made sure she had dark skin on the covers he did.
- Things Cullen Bunn has stated regarding her in his Uncanny run.
Trivia / Monet St. Croix