- Actor Allusion: Veronica Taylor has played a mother before in another show.
- Adaptational Context Change: Kai and Hayato's reasoning for abandoning White Base are altered both to make them more sympathetic and to incorporate the changed plot. In the original series they were angry that Amuro wasn't being punished for betraying everyone and opted to defect. Here it's only part of the reason and the catalyst for their defection is actually the suspicion that Sayla was a Zeon spy. Kai feels that the revelation means that they've been compromised causing Ryu to counter that Kai's just using this as an excuse to act on his cowardice. Hayato in turn brings up that he and Kai were just civilians pressed into service; and the danger mixed in with their distrust for the higher ups is justification enough to leave.
- Casting Gag:
- Megumi Han became the new voice of Sayla Mass, Char's sister, and is also the daughter of Keiko Han, who voiced Lalah Sune, Char's love interest (which is especially amusing in light of Char's fucked up Oedipus Complex).
- Saori Hayami previously voiced an Expy of Lalah Sune—Yurin L'Ciel—in Mobile Suit Gundam AGE. Here, she voices the actual Lalah Sune (see The Other Darrin below).
- Keith Silverstein voices Full Frontal's clone father.
- Toshihiko Seki voiced Char Clones Rau Le Creuset and Rey Za Burrel (who already had a sinister friendship involving much karma with a role played by Shuichi Ikeda), and now voices the actual Char Aznable (the guy whose identity is stolen by Casval).
- Name's the Same: Li Fang, a one-shot character in the One Week War arc shares her name with one of the party members of the obscure Gundam-themed JRPG MS Saga: A New Dawn.
- The MS-04, which was previously known simply as the "Prototype Zaku" or "Zaku Zero" in MSV sourcebooks, is re-christened the "Bugu", a name already used for the Zaku-descended Mecha-Mooks in the highly unpopular G-Saviour.
- General Revil's re-translated middle name, Ibrahim, is the same as Setsuna's real surname in Mobile Suit Gundam 00.
- Playing Against Type: Karen Strassman as Casval Rem Deikun.
- Wendee Lee as Kycilia Zabi.
- Recursive Adaptation: The anime, which is an anime adaptation of a manga adaptation of the original Mobile Suit Gundam, though the Origin anime seems to be steering clear of ground that's already been covered by the original series.
- Show Accuracy/Toy Accuracy: In contrast to the unique redesigns most of the mobile suits got, Origin's Zeong is simply a rehash of the original (albeit with sleeker proportions than the anime version) due to Yasuhiko using one of the more recent model kits as a reference (although in this version its cockpit is located in its collar rather than its head).
- Star-Making Role: Amanda Schuckman as Crowley Hamon.
- The Other Darrin: Megumi Han replaces You Inoue in the role of Artesia/Sayla, due to Actor Existence Failure. Also, Mami Koyama has been replaced by Akeno Watanabe in the role of Kycilia. Averted in the case of Char's and Gihren's voice actors.
- What Could Have Been: In the cover gallery, Yashuiko states that one of the plans for the series was to end up replacing the Guncannon's with GM's after the team made it to Jaburo. He ended up simply bringing in more advanced Guncannons because the MS was always one of his favorites though the White Base also takes on a couple of GM's as well.
Trivia / Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin