Trivia for the 1995 TV Series
- The Danza: Nicholas Hooper as Nicholas.
- Also, Eddie Campbell as Campbell.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Inverted, believe it or not. Petra Yared originally auditioned for Louisa, and cut her hair short when she thought she wouldn't get the part. When the casting agents got back in touch with her, they suggested having her audition for the tomboyish Jo Tiegan instead, and the rest is history.
- Name's the Same: No, the Nicholas Hooper who played Nicholas is not the same guy as the composer.
- Unintentional Period Piece: The slang and some of the fashion (particularly that of Royce) mark it as a clear product of The '90s. The Dated History (see the main page) also places it squarely inbetween 1991 and 2009.
Trivia for the 2012 film
- Dueling Movies: With Snow White and the Huntsman, also released in 2012. Huntsman ended up winning easily in terms of both critical reception and box-office returns.
- In Memoriam: Dedicated to the memory of its costume designer, Eiko Ishioka, who passed away just a few months before its release.
- Similarly Named Works: Gregor Maguire of Wicked fame wrote a a novel called Mirror, Mirror that also deconstructed Snow White.
- What Could Have Been: James McAvoy was considered for the role of Prince Alcott.