- Creator Backlash: The band has gone on record as hating the album cover for Hanging in the Balance, saying that it was pushed on them by the label.
- The fact that Kurt Vanderhoof likes to nickname the album Masterpeace as "Disasterpeace" speaks volumes as to what they think of that record. None of the songs from it have been played live since its release.
- Money, Dear Boy: The subject of songs such as Human Factor (about record companies that sideline talent for prospects of making big money) and Fake Healer (a greedy doctor whose priority is making money, not healing patients).
- Name's the Same:
- David Wayne, their first vocalist, shares his name with a veteran actor from the black-and-white film era, with plenty of film credits from the 1950s.
- Mike Howe (the second vocalist) is also the name of one of the brothers (the other being Geoff), the owners of Howe and Howe technologies, a company that makes armoured, military-grade heavy machinery, and also the subject of a Discovery Channel TV show.
- They have a song called Blood Money, which is the name of a song by an Australian alternative rock band known as, ironically, The Church, and it is also the name of a very recent Bollywood film.
- What Could Have Been: Lars Ulrich unsuccessfully auditioned as a drummer for Metal Church in 1980. We know where he ended up.
Trivia / Metal Church