- In Memoriam: The 2019 remake is dedicated to Paul Darrow, the voice of Zarok in the original game (and reprised through archive footage in the remake) and Resurrection, who had died in June of that year.
- Urban Legend of Zelda: Stephane Cornicard never provided the voice of Sir Dan in the first MediEvil, series creator Jason Wilson did. Cornicard did however voice him in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, possibly because of this rumor.
- What Could Have Been:
- The game was going to have more of an arcade-style of gameplay similar to Ghosts 'n Goblins but as development progressed Jason Wilson pushed the game to a more Zelda role-playing game.
- There was supposed to be a level where the purple worm inside Sir Dan's empty eyesocket would have been playable.
- Another cut level was a mirror-based The Halls of Illusion, which would have had Evil Knockoff versions of the main character as enemies.
- Pools of the Ancient Dead was supposed to have a boss called The Swamp Guardian.
- The game was planned to be multiplatform, with a PC and Sega Saturn release planned, but when Sony was shown a demonstration of the game, they signed it up to be an exclusive.
- The hero of the game, Sir Dan, was considered as a guest boss for the Playstation versions of Shovel Knight, but was passed over for Kratos.
- Working Title: Dead Man Dan.
Trivia / MediEvil