- Black Sheep Hit: While most of their stuff could be categorized as pop rock, "Moves Like Jagger," their first big hit since 2007, was straight-up dance pop.
- Creator Backlash: According to The Other Wiki they were attempting to be too many things on Hands All Over, and that's why they got help cleaning up their sound for Overexposed.
- Keyboardist Jessie Carmichael got fed up with the band's new direction and took a temporary hiatus from the band before the recording of Overexposed, eventually returning for the following album V.
- Executive Meddling: While their previous work was mostly written by Maroon 5 members themselves, the majority of the songs on Overexposed were written or co-written by professional writers.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: There are only 500 copies of their self-released debut (as Kara's Flowers), We Like Digging?. Good luck finding one.
- Name's the Same / In Name Only: Their song "This Love" is completely different from that other "This Love" and the other "This Love".
- Technology Marches On: "Payphone," written and released in 2011, an era entirely dominated by cellular phones.
Trivia / Maroon 5