- Actor Allusion/Celebrity Paradox:
- In Touch and Go, her character walks past a poster for Scarface (1983). She recorded a song for that movie's soundtrack.
- In Moscow On The Hudson, when her character's family is celebrating her becoming an American citizen, a song of hers is playing on the transistor radio.
- The Danza: Several times.
- "Maria Conchita Navarro" on the short-lived 1989 Sitcom One of the Boys
- "Maria Katarina Caldone" in the 2000 E! Made-for-TV Movie Best Actress
- "Maria" in 2003's Chasing Papi
- "Maria Valdez" in 2007's The Condor
- "Mariana Brito" in the 1980 Venezuelan telenovela series Natalia de 8 a 9
- "Concepcion Sheffield" (see her birth name) on the 1998 The Nanny episode "Immaculate Concepcion"
- "Marie Elena Casafranca" on the 1982 Knight Rider episode "Forget Me Not."
- Deleted Scene: Many if not all of her albums are long out of print, and it's not easy to find information about her telenovela days.
- Fake Nationality:
- She Also Did: Made her Broadway debut in Kiss of the Spider Woman in 1995.
- In the 1980s, she had her own exercise video, Dance It Up! Hot Fitness
- What Could Have Been:
- She dropped out of Licence to Kill, with the role of Lupe Lamora going to Talisa Soto instead.
- She had to decline the role of the Matron in the film adaptation of Edmond because she had committed to a tour in Mexico. The role went to Debi Mazar instead.
- She was onsidered for the lead in Evita, which, given her hostility to dictators, she likely would have declined anyway.
Trivia / Maria Conchita Alonso