- Author Existence Failure:
- The screenwriter Meral Okay, who died of lung cancer in 2012.
- Tuncel Kurtiz, the actor playing Ebussuud Efendi, died in 2013.
- Creator Breakdown: The first and better known actress for Hurrem, Meryem Uzerli, suffered one of these and left the series. The exact reasons behind it have been speculated on a lot: monetary issues, bad health, burnout, a mix of all of the above, etc.
- Dawson Casting: The kids' actors change rapidly, and soon catch up on their mothers, the point that Mehmet Günsür (born 1975) plays the son of Nur Fettahoğlu (born 1980).
- The Other Darrin: Vahide Perçin takes over Hurrem's role from Meryem Uzerli at the end of season 3. The actors playing Süleyman's children also change several times.
- Playing Against Type: Apparently a thing in case of Ozan Güven, the actor playing Rüstem Pasha, who is mostly known in Turkey as a comedy star.
- Playing Their Own Twin: Okan Yalabık plays İbrahim and İbrahim's twin brother Niko.
- Throw It In!: The distinctive way Sümbül walks was invented by Selim Bayraktar—the actor playing him—as a way of showing that having his family jewels cut off and boiling oil poured on the wounds hurts even after many years. Same goes for his rants in Ottoman-era Turkish: he was taught this language by his grandfather.
Trivia / Magnificent Century