- Development Hell: The long-awaited "Swift & Changeable" collaboration between DOOM and Ghostface had been teased since they first collaborated in 2005, but never materialized beyond occasional singles. With DOOM's passing in 2020, the album is unlikely to ever materialize.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Due to the record label distributing it going bankrupt, Venomous Villain, MF DOOMs second album under the Viktor Vaughn alias, is his only studio album to have never had any reissue since its initial release, not even on digital storefronts or streaming services. Consequently, the album fetches far higher prices on the second-hand market than any of his other studio albums.
- Money, Dear Boy: As DOOM admitted to XXL, the main motivation behind The Mouse and the Mask was money. He'd never even watched any of the Adult Swim programming the album was supposed to tie into before, though he did the research after agreeing to make the album, just so he could get a feel for the shows and include some Shout Outs in his lyrics.
- Reclusive Artist: DOOM was famous for shying away from the limelight. For his entire post-KMD career, he refused to be photographed or make public appearances without his mask on and rarely did interviews or shared details about his personal life. For almost a decade, his Twitter account consisted entirely of a sole tweet reading "DOOM IS NOT ON TWITTER". Even when he began using the account in 2019, the posts were strictly for promoting merchandise and music with no insights to his personal life. The only time a post about him was made was the announcement of his death in 2020.
- Some of DOOMs affiliated rappers from the underground take it up to eleven due to being highly obscure outside of their collaborations with him. For instance, various Monsta Island Czars members, such as Rodan and Kongcrete, are only known by pseudonyms. Mr. Fantastik takes the cake, with his only known recordings being two songs with DOOM and his very identity completely unknown. Fans have spent years attempting to figure out his identity with no success.
- Talking to Himself: Madvillain's "Fancy Clown" features the persona Viktor Vaughn dissing someone for fooling around with his girl. That someone is his alter ego MF DOOM.
Trivia / MF DOOM