- Approval of God: Invoked; Disney promoted this film as having been approved by Lilo & Stitch directors/writers Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois with a sticker on the DVD case◊ claiming that they said it's "[a]n artistically stunning continuation of the original" and a behind-the-scenes video released to promote the film showing Sanders saying how close Lilo & Stitch 2 is to his film.
- Image Source: This film provides the page image for Torment by Annoyance.
- The Original Darrin: Jason Scott Lee returned to voice David Kawena in this film; he was replaced by Dee Bradley Baker in the other sequel material.
- The Other Darrin: As stated on the work page, Dakota Fanning pitch-hitted for Daveigh Chase here as the voice of Lilo, as Chase had other commitments (including having to do voice work for Lilo & Stitch: The Series) that she couldn't get out of at the time of this film's production. This is the only Lilo & Stitch material in the original run of the franchise she wasn't a part of.
- What Could Have Been: This film was meant to follow after The Jungle Book 2 as the next of the theatrical film sequels, but was released Direct-to-Video due to The Jungle Book 2's poor box office returns. The film following that one, The Lion King 1½, was likewise given this treatment.
Trivia / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch