- Creator Backlash: Regarding the MNK revamp in 2000 under the Executive Meddling of Eve Baron:
- The writer of the original version of the show, Arnold Boiseau, wrote a letter to Baron to express his reprobation about the revamp.
- France 3 youth programs advisor Marie Guillemain felt "sick" when she saw what was done to the show.
- Dueling Works: From 1993 to 1997, Les Minikeums came to rival the Club Dorothée on TF1, which also had a cast of goofy hosts, comedy skits and music videos. The Club Dorothée was dogged by controversy (the kind of thing Les Minikeums managed to completely avoid) and was eventually terminated in 1997, Les Minikeums ended up the biggest French kids show from 1997 to 2000 as a result. That being said, both shows ended up being fondly remembered for people who grew up in The '90s.
- Prop Recycling: Les Guignols de l'info sometimes used puppets from Les Minikeums as young extras or incidental characters, as the shows shared a workshop and some puppeteers.
- Screwed by the Network: In 2000, France 3 youth programs head manager Eve Baron (the very person the Diva puppet was based upon) decided, despite strong audience ratings, to 'modernize' the show, citing "You don't play the Goose Game at the time of the Game Boy" (other reasons that were not officially mentioned were the fact that the show was costly to produce, up to 10 million francs each year towards the end, and France 3 being a public channel). The show was renamed "MNK", the lineup was reduced to 6 puppets, there were no more comedic skits and short films, the colorful and practical sets were replaced with a grey futuristic city background in CGI, and the show only aired in the afternoon plus Saturday and Sunday mornings, instead of every morning and five afternoons out of seven. Audience ratings predictably plummeted, and the show was terminated in 2002.
- Sequel Gap: The show was revived 15 years after being cancelled.
- What Could Have Been: Back in 2017, the producer of the revival talked about bringing the old cast back in the first episode to introduce the new characters. It didn't happen.
Trivia / Les Minikeums