- Defictionalization: The band remained together after the movie and has toured and recorded albums ever since.
- Fake Nationality: Taken to the extreme in their early days. Finnish musicians pretended to be Russians, and on stage they used to claim they're American rock & roll musicians and cosmonauts (!) who spend most of their time on the moon where they travel from Earth by sputnik.
- Also, the famous Finnish actor Matti Pellonpää plays their Russian manager Vladimir in The Movie. He even speaks the most Russian.
- They're a bit inconsistent with this: The manager is named Vladimir, one band member is known as Ivan, that half-bald guy who follows them is Igor, and another band member goes by his real Finnish name, namely Pekka.
- Lzherusskie: The band often claimed to be from Russia which also explains the name. This was particularly supported by Leningrad Cowboys Go America which featured the Finnish actor Matti Pellonpää as their obviously Russian manager Vladimir who slips into Russian while trying to pretend that his band is American.
Trivia / Leningrad Cowboys