- Approval of God: Adrien Brody approved of "BRODYQUEST" upon seeing it on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. In turn, Neil approved of the many remixes of "BRODYQUEST" and even made a mashup of his favorites.
- Shrug of God: In his commentary for "Subtle Oddities" Neil says, "I think this song is about a haunted house. Someone once said that it was about God. Sure, why not? That makes about as much sense."
- What Could Have Been: As revealed by Neil for his commentary track for the album "Spirit Phone":
- "Lifetime Achievement Award" was originally named "Experiments in the Revival" after the the Soviet film "Experiments in the Revival of Organisms", but was renamed due to being too grim and obscure a reference.
- Early lyrics for "Cabinet Man" were about a see-saw.
- The lyrics for "Sweet Bod" initially referenced the "Great Boston Molasses Flood", but was rewritten due to Neil being uncomfortable with referencing a real world tragedy that took the lives of several people.
- "As Your Father I Expressly Forbid It" was originally going to feature Neil quoting King Triton from The Little Mermaid, but these quotes ended up becoming a bass solo.
Trivia / Lemon Demon