- Artist Disillusionment: During the production of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, she pitched several shows with female leads to various networks, none of which sold and by the mid-2000s, the head-butting with executives became so exhaustive that she left the animation business briefly to work on her toyline Milky Way and The Galaxy Girls, which turned out to be even more difficult. She eventually returned to the business to do Friendship Is Magic.
- Creator Backlash: Faust is notoriously hard on herself.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic:
- She felt that the message of "Feeling Pinkie Keen", that there are some things science can't explain, was poorly executed and came off as anti-science.
- Lauren did not agree with the introduction of Cadance as an alicorn, claiming it invokes Uniqueness Decay on the part of Celestia and Luna.
- She also has decidedly mixed feelings about Twilight Sparkle's promotion to royalty at the end of Season 3. While she did intend for Twilight to be Celestia's successor (which happened at the end of the series during season 9), she also said, "I never used the words 'Alicorn' or 'Princess'." She also complained that the show-accurate Funko figurine line did not have a wingless Twilight, lamenting that her set would remain incomplete as a result.
- She expressed regret over writing the infamous Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends episode "Everybody Knows It's Bendy" in a ToonZone post, citing its shorter runtime (which cut out several key plot points) and unsatisfying outcome.
- Lauren admittedly wishes she didn't write the episode "Equal Fights" from The Powerpuff Girls. In retrospect, she finds Straw Feminism too touchy a subject to discuss in a cartoon so lighthearted.
- As one of her DeviantArt followers quickly learned, do NOT, under any circumstances, bring up her indie comic Supermodels Don't Know Kung-Fu.
- She absolutely hated Quest for Camelot, feeling it was a horrible attempt at a feminist message. She later claimed that, because she was hired late in production, she had no idea what the movie was even about when animating for it, and was furious when she saw it.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic:
- Creator Couple: With Craig McCracken.
- Doing It for the Art: Lauren takes gender equality very seriously and a greater portion of her career has been to use any and every opportunity she gets to put more emphasis on stronger female characters and saving femininity from a bad reputation.
- Dye Hard: Her official file photo shows her with bright red hair. After leaving Friendship Is Magic, she changed to a noticeably darker colour, but it's still quite red.
- Line to God: She has a DeviantArt account and a Twitter account.
- Magnum Opus Dissonance: By all accounts, her greatest claim to fame is Friendship Is Magic, but Lauren herself has said that her favorite show to work on was Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, both because it was the first original show she worked on from the ground up and she had some of her happiest personal memories from it (she and her husband had just gotten engaged).
- One-Hit Wonder: She's worked on a few animated films, and a couple animated shows, but Friendship is Magic is the only work she herself created that was a success (and even then, she only worked on the first two seasons). The only other cartoon she created was the DC Nation Super Best Friends Forever shorts for Cartoon Network.
- Production Posse: Nearly every show she's worked on includes Tara Strong.
- Running the Asylum
- She was a big My Little Pony (well, the toys at least) fan when she was a kid. Years later, she got the chance to make My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- She was a huge fan of The Powerpuff Girls in it's first two seasons and begged her friend on the staff to let her take a storyboard test. Not only did she get hired, she married the creator!
- What Could Have Been:
- Faust was pitching her idea for a Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls TV show to Hasbro when they asked her to instead create the next My Little Pony series.
- In a retroactive example, Faust stated during a Them's Fightin' Herds livestream that she wishes she'd known about longma while working on Friendship Is Magic, since the core concept of Discord was a dragon-horse hybrid.
- She was originally going to direct a feature film titled Medusa for Sony Pictures Animation, but issues regarding the new mandate that was made caused her to back out of it.
Trivia / Lauren Faust