- AFI's 100 Years... 100 Heroes and Villains:
- #39 Hero, Lassie (Lassie Come Home)
- Beam Me Up, Scotty!: For all of the other trouble he got into, Timmy never did fall down a well. That was Lassie's first owner Jeff in the pilot episode. Also, his parents didn't intuit the situation from Lassie's barking, and could just tell she was trying to tell them something important so they followed her.
- Channel Hop: Moved from CBS to syndication in 1971.
- Missing Episode: One episode in which Timmy comes across a fallen satellite and is exposed to radiation wasn't shown originally due to a widespread radiation fears at the time. It was eventually aired much later.
- The Other Darrin: The various Lassies; and among the human cast, the actors playing Timmy's adoptive parents were both replaced after one season.
- The Pete Best: The third dog to play Lassie, Spook, was quickly replaced by his littermate Baby when it became clear he didnt have much screen presence, and is typically not included in official cast lists.
- Pet Fad Starter: Collies rose in demand after the show aired, leading to the spread of unhealthy and inbred dogs. Many people blame this for the health problems the breed has today.
- Screwed by the Network: The show was one of the casualties of The Rural Purge. Like fellow victims Hee Haw and The Lawrence Welk Show, Lassie moved into syndication, but unlike those other shows it only lasted a couple more seasons.
- Trope Namer:
- The Wiki Rule: The Lassie Wiki.
Trivia / Lassie