- Ascended Fanon: Many of the characters featured in the series were originally designs submitted by fans. When this is done, the chapter the character is introduced in credits the fan.
- Banned In France: Not so much because the character Brocken Jr. dressed like a Nazi, but because he was also a hero; a paradox too great to swallow. When the figures were brought to the US as M.U.S.C.L.E., Brockenman's and Brocken Jr.'s were removed from the lineup.
- Bowdlerisation: The violence and Toilet Humor is toned down a bit in the anime. In the anime, instead of breaking Brockenman in half, Ramenman folds him into ramen. And instead of narrowly avoiding the same fate by breaking his bowels, Kinnikuman is turned into ramen but is revived when Ramenman adds garlic, his power-up food.
- Defictionalization: The Kinniku Buster is used as a finishing move by Samoa Joe, although he falls back to make it more like a suplex rather than dropping straight down to avoid breaking his opponent's neck (or worse) in real life.
- There ARE ones who use the original sit-down version, but they're exceedingly rare due to the stress on both the victim's neck and the attacker's tailbone. Kinnikuman doesn't have this problem because, you know, he's superhuman and he's really trying to beat the other guy up.
- The Robin Special has also been used in real life, but it's not done in the same way as Robin Mask does it and not done often, for obvious reasons.
- Fan Nickname: Super Phoenix is known as Super Douchebag.
- Name's the Same: Marvelous is not related to a certain heroic pirate.
- No Export for You: The anime was never dubbed in America despite Mattel importing the toyline, likely because the Moral Guardians would've hacked it to bits.
- Official Fan-Submitted Content: Many characters are submitted by fans.
- The Other Darrin: Ramenman has had seven different voice actors, the most of anyone in the series.
- For the Throne Arc, everyone had their voice actors replaced, save for Kinnikuman himself.
- Overtook the Manga: Two Filler arcs were added after the Dream Chojin Tag arc, which ended up getting the show canceled. The final Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne arc was finally animated five years later.
- Playing Against Type: Kaneto Shiozawa, known for voicing Hot-Blooded Bishōnen voicing the rather stoic Screw Kid.
- What Could Have Been: Black Hole was supposed to have been the leader of the Seven Devils.
- Golemman was supposed to be Sunshine's brother
- The Wiki Rule: The Kinnikuman Wiki.
Trivia / Kinnikuman