- All-Star Cast: The film features Sean Bean, Lena Headey and Aaron Paul performing major roles in the film.
- Chronically Killed Actor: In this movie, Sean Bean provides the English voice for Regis Lucis Caelum CXIII, and true to Final Fantasy XV, his character dies during Insomnia's invasion, with news of it reaching Noctis's party in the game's first chapter. Hilariously enough, he stated in an interview that he was surprised that Regis was meant to die in this movie.
- Fan Nickname:
- Ravus - Jaime Lannister
- I Knew It!: In September 2015, a poster on GameFAQs posted a link to a Chinese website claiming that a CGI movie called Kingsglaive was in the works. The information was laughed out of town and declared a hoax. In March 2016, Kingsglaive was officially revealed to the public. Considering that the movie had been in development for 3 years already, it now becomes clear that that Chinese website was definitely working with insider information.
- International Coproduction: The film was primarily a co-production between Visual Works (Japan), Digic Pictures (Hungary) and Image Engine (Canada), but additional animation companies from Japan, India, Hungary, France, South Korea, China and Spain were also involved in the production. The music was recorded at Ocean Way Nashville (USA) and the English voice recording was done at both Bang Zoom! Entertainment (USA) and at De Lane Lea Studio (UK).
- The Red Stapler: The Audi R8 has been in the market for several years now before it was featured prominently as King Regis' royal mode of transportation in Kingsglaive. Now Audi is going to make a special one-off customized unit of the car.
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- Sean Bean and Lena Headey previously starred together in Game of Thrones as Eddard Stark and Cersei Lannister, respectively. Once again, a plot related to Headey's character leads to the death of Sean Bean's character, with the latter not knowing any better than to help her out of selflessness. At least this time their relationship is anything but antagonistic.
- On the Japanese voice casting, Ardyn and Clarus are Reno and Reeve respectively, though they don't interact aside from Clarus throwing glares and understandably distrusting the chancellor.
- Clarus and Gladio (father/son) are, respectively, Gihren and Dozle Zabi (brothers).
- What Could Have Been:
- The release of the Kingsglaive trailer has now revealed that a lot of the material from the early Versus XIII footage has been repurposed and remade for the movie.
- It was originally planned to have the English voice cast for Kingsglaive reprise their roles for XV, but it didn't work out due to budgetary and scheduling problems.note
- The Wiki Rule: The Final Fantasy Wiki.
Trivia / Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV