- Actor-Shared Background: Like Kurt Sloane, Jean-Claude Van Damme was born in Belgium and studied ballet and karate.
- Cast the Expert:
- Dennis Alexio, who plays Eric Sloane, was a World Light Heavyweight and World Cruiserweight kick boxing champion in real life.
- Michel Qissi was a technical advisor/choreographer when he overheard the production crew say they were looking for a tall oriental-looking guy with a background in Muay Thai. He volunteered, and got the part of Tong Po.
- Completely Different Title: The film was originally called Contacto sangriento ("Bloody Contact") in some Latin American countries.
- Deleted Scene: Seen here.
- Fake Nationality: Moroccan-Belgian actor Michel Qissi as the Thai kickboxer Tong Po.
- Sequel Gap: 21 years passed between Kickboxer 5: The Redemption (1995) and Kickboxer: Vengeance (2016).
- What Could Have Been: Chuck Norris was originally supposed to star as Kurt Sloane.
- Write What You Know: The scene in which Kurt has meat tied to his leg and is chased by Xian Chow's dog was inspired by a real-life event in which a young Jean-Claude Van Damme was ordered by his karate teacher to wear a protective suit and withstand the attempts of a trained dog to pull him to the ground.
- Written By Castmember: Van-Damme co-wrote the story with Mark DiSalle.
Trivia / Kickboxer