- Big Name Fan: For whatever its worth, Jim Cornette.
- Creator Backlash: While he does not regret joining WWE, he left in 2019 after being frustrated with how the higher ups micromanaged their talents - and his inability to fit into the WWE mold."One person there might tell you do it this way, and then another would be no, no, do it like this. That meant my own personal vision just crumbled away. There are people who can do very well in that environment, but I just couldnt."
- Creator Breakdown: Describes his WWE days as "the most frustrating days of my life" through a combination of injuries derailing his momentum and not fitting into the WWE style making him question his ability.
- Executive Meddling: The reason he took the name Hideo Itami when joining WWE. Triple H wanted him to keep the Kenta Kobayashi name to capitalise on his popularity in Japan, but Vince wanted it changed. The new name was picked with Kenta's input, however.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Had several in NOAH. "Art of Life" by Twista featuring Young Chris, Memphis Bleek and Freeway; the instrumental to "What You Know" by T.I.; "Enio" by Sebastian.
- You Look Familiar: Averted in NXT, as he was introduced as KENTA and said he would be changing his ring name to Hideo Itami in tribute to one of his heroes, to mark his new beginning in WWE.
Trivia / Kenta Kobayashi