- Awesome, Dear Boy: Stephen Sommers was reluctant to ask her to do Van Helsing, fearing it was too similar to Underworld. However she signed on at once.
- Contractual Purity: Early on in her career, she took so many Action Girl roles precisely to stop people from thinking she was a "corset queen" in various period dramas. It had the effect of making people more familiar with her action movies, and therefore forgetting that she got her start in period dramas.
- Creator Backlash: She despised the corset she had to wear for Van Helsing and said she wanted to burn it at the end of filming.
- Fake American: She is British, but in films is frequently cast as American characters due to her pulling off a flawless American accent.
- Funny Character, Boring Actor: Inverted. She's known for playing English Roses or humorless Action Girls. Offscreen she's a huge prankster and loves fart jokes.
- Playing Against Type: Love & Friendship, an adaptation of Jane Austen's Lady Susan, has her playing a conniving manipulator who's also a rather cruel mother.
- Romance on the Set: She met her husband, director Len Wiseman, on the set of Underworld.
- Star-Making Role: Her role as the vampire hunter Selene in the film Underworld made her a star.
Trivia / Kate Beckinsale