- Absentee Actor:
- Mike Channel is uncharacteristically absent from the 1987 episode "God Alone Knows," probably because the host of Radio Active's religious show - the Right Reverend Reverend Wright - is also played by Angus Deayton.
- Similarly in the KYTV episode "Speak for Yourself", Mike Channel is absent (except in a reused clip) because Angus Deayton is playing Sir Kenneth Yellowhammer throughout.
- Helen Atkinson-Wood doesn't take part in a few episodes, with her place taken by Morwenna Banks.
- Acting for Two: All the actors play multiple roles.
- Actor Existence Limbo: As Geoffrey Perkins died in 2008, the character of Mike Flex was absent from the 2016 stage revival. In the radio broadcast of said revival, one of his old skits was used as The Stinger.
- Actor Allusion: In the radio version of "In-house Documentary", Martin Brown annoys the family by singing Spitting Image's "The Chicken Song". Michael Fenton Stevens performed the lead vocal on the original track, which was written by Philip Pope.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: In Radio Active, Michael Fenton-Stevens quite often played female roles whenever a second woman was needed to play against one of Helen Atkinson-Wood's characters. KYTV by contrast had more female actors, and the female roles tended to be played by actual women.
- Life Imitates Art: The KYTV episode "2000 'n' Whither" was a parody of programmes such as Tomorrow's World, and therefore was filled with intentionally ridiculous predictions about the future. Such as criminals demanding payment or they'd infect your computer with a virus — what could be more implausible?
- Name's the Same: Mike Channell (double L) is one of the presenters of the YouTube show Outside Xbox.
- Playing Gertrude / Dawson Casting: A running theme in Radio Active is the rivalry between up-and-coming Mike Flex and fading old star Mike Channel. Geoffrey Perkins, who plays the youthful Flex, was actually the oldest member of the cast. Angus Deayton, who is three years younger than Perkins, plays a generation older.
Trivia / KYTV