- Actor Allusion: Joji Nakata is famous for voicing another villainous priest character.
- Big Name Fan: Jolyne is the favorite character of voice actor Kira Buckland who frequently cosplays as the character and has voiced her in fandubs.
- The Other Darrin: In a series of a commercials, Pucci was voiced by Joji Nakata. However in All-Star Battle, Sho Hayami voiced Pucci instead. However Joji Nakata returned to voice Pucci in Eyes of Heaven due to Hayami reprising his role as Vanilla Ice in the Stardust Crusaders anime and the game itself.
- Post-Script Season: Averted, as this part is a direct but distant sequel to Stardust Crusaders. The main villain wants to continue DIO's plans and a lot of the events that transpire result from the events of Stardust Crusaders.
- Technology Marches On: Despite taking place in 2011 to 2012, the computers and cellphones used look like they were made in the late 90s to early 2000s. During the Heavy Weather arc, Versus assumes that Emporio could have only obtained information with a laptop rather than a smartphone.
- What Could Have Been:
- Viz Media was planning on skipping straight to Stone Ocean after their release of Stardust Crusaders concluded seeing as how it's a direct sequel to it. However the poor sales of Stardust Crusaders put a lid on those plans.
- As seen by his first appearance in chapter 23, Narciso was meant to be a girl but Shounen Jump didn't like the idea of there being too many girls in the main cast.
- Araki had thought of naming Viviano Westwood's Stand "Earth, Wind, and Fire" (and that was the name in the magazine chapters) but since that name was already used for Mikitaka's ambiguous ability he changed it to "Planet Waves" in the volumes.
- Similarly, Pucci's Stand's final form was initially named "Stairway to Heaven", before being changed to "Made in Heaven".
- Araki changed the ending such that it would deliver the JoJo series back to its roots.
Trivia / JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean