- Colbert Bump: Due to its usage in the ending credits of the 2012 anime, the song "Roundabout" saw an increase in popularity thanks to it with sales on iTunes increasing and introducing Yes to a younger generation.
- Crossdressing Voices: Yumiko Kobayashi as Poco.
- Dawson Casting: In both the 2007 film and 2012 anime, Jonathan and Dio maintain their voice actors as teenagers and adults. Averted in the 2006 video game however where Kazuya Nakai voices Teenage Jonathan and Kenji Nojima voices Teenage Dio.
- Disowned Adaptation: Series creator, Hirohiko Araki, reportedly did not like the film adapatation of Phantom Blood. It's widely rumored to being one of the contributing factors, the other being A.P.P.P later losing the Distribution Rights of the franchise after the controversy surrounding the Stardust Crusaders OVAs depicting the Quran, why the film never saw Home Distribution.
- Fake Nationality: In the English dub, American voice actors such as Johnny Yong Bosch, Patrick Seitz, Keith Silverstein, Michelle Ruff, Marc Diraison, Amanda Céline Miller, Jamieson Price, and Tony Oliver take their hands at British accents. Likewise Joe Ochman pulls off an Italian accent for Will Zeppeli.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The 2007 film adaptation isn't viewable in any sort of capacity. The film's theatrical release was cut short due to negative reactions from fans and Hirohiko Araki himself, and any chances of it being released on home video were shattered after A.P.P.P. got themselves into hot water due to a scene of Dio reading the Quar'an in the Stardust Cruaders OVA. However, a university student was able to get a hold of the first 15-minutes of the film from an art professor who had connections to the studio and it is the only way to watch the film. However there is no voice acting, and most of it is in animatic form. Though the trailer for the film is still viewable and features fully animated clips with voice acting.
- Missing Episode: The 2007 film adaptation could only be watched during its brief theatrical run in Japan. It was never made available on home video and due to a falling out between Araki and APPP most likely never will. As such there is no way that the film can be viewed minus the 15-minutes available on YouTube.
- The Other Darrin:
- Jonathan was voiced by Hideyuki Tanaka in the 2006 video game, Katsuyuki Konishi in the 2007 film, and Kazuyuki Okitsu in the 2012 anime.
- Dio was voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa in the 2006 video game and 2007 film, and Takehito Koyasu in the 2012 anime. And this is just his Phantom Blood incarnation.....
- Speedwagon was voiced by Masaya Onosaka in the 2006 video game and Yoji Ueda in the 2012 anime.
- Will was voiced by Rikiya Koyama in the 2006 video game and 2007 film and Yoku Shioya in the 2012 anime.
- Erina was voiced by Aya Hisakawa in the 2006 video game, Nana Mizuki in the 2007 film, and Ayako Kawasumi in the 2012 anime.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Jonathan's voice actors in the 2007 film and 2012 anime would both voice Gakuto and Andre respectively. They even voice two initial side characters in Medaka Box.
- Role Reprisal: Patrick Seitz previously voiced Dio in the test dub for the TV anime of Stardust Crusaders and returned to voice the character for the Phantom Blood TV anime dub as well.
- Star-Making Role: In the 2012 anime, Jonathan Joestar is this for Kazuyuki Okitsu.
- Troubled Production: One of the reason's why the 2007 film ended up the way it did was that one of the people working on it died in an accident, and that person's family cut funding for the film.
- What Could Have Been: According to someone who saw the movie, the film ended with the scene from the manga introducing Joseph Joestar, suggesting that had the film been more successful and Studio A.P.P.P. not lost the rights, the other parts would've been adapted in similar films.
Trivia / JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood