- Casting Gag: Joji Nakata has had experience playing malevolent priests before - in particular, as Kirei Kotomine.
- Dummied Out: Abbachio was originally going to be a playable character, and his Style would have been focused around using Moody Blues to record enemy actions and copy them. While they eventually cut him after deciding his playstyle was unworkable, a character model of him does appear for a brief moment in the ending alongside his living teammates, albeit a very unpolished one.
- Fan Nickname: Over Heaven Dio is sometimes just referred to as Purple Dio by fans. Because he's purple.
- I Knew It!: The game-exclusive character being a new incarnation of Dio, due to the Ds on his knee pads (ala Alternate!Diego's Stand), prominently white and gold clothing, and his elf shoes.
- The Other Darrin: Certain characters returning from All-Star Battle have had their game voice actors replaced by their anime voice actors, such as Kakyoin, Polnareff, Iggy, Hol Horse and Vanilla Ice.
- Talking to Himself: Averted for Show Hayami, who voiced Enrico Pucci in All Star Battle and gets darrined by Joji Nakata. He however voices Vanilla Ice, like in the anime.
- In a more literal version of this trope, Takehito Koyasu voices Dio Brando, DIO, Diego, Diego from Another Universe and the game's original incarnation of Dio, meaning you can have a match consisting entirely of characters voiced by him.
- What Could Have Been: An interview in an issue of Ultra Jump revealed:
- There were going to be three different story modes, but it was parred down to a single one on the advice of Hirohiko Araki.
- About 160 different characters were initially planned out, until it was eventually scaled down to the current roster of 53. Three of the ones mentioned that made it to concept stage were Tarkus, Bruford, and fan favorite Ringo Roadagain.
- Datamined dialgue reveals part 6 Jotaro was going to be a playable character at some point in development. His intro lines are all recorded, complete with all the characters he could of interacted with having responses recorded as well. He was likely planned as DLC, but was removed likely when DLC plans were removed, and/or because he would of been the third Jotaro alt, with very few ways to make him play differently than his other two parts.
Trivia / JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven