- Actor-Shared Background: Megan Fox was a cheerleader in high school, like her character.
- Awesome, Dear Boy: Megan Fox admitted that she partially accepted the role of Jennifer because of the Crosses the Line Twice dialogue, "to be able to say the shit that she got to say and get away with it."
- Billing Displacement: Perhaps one of the most extreme example ever. Amanda Seyfried, who is the film's protagonist and appears onscreen at least as often as Megan Fox, is scarcely mentioned in many reviews, which (whether approving or disapproving) wish only to talk about Fox and Diablo Cody.
- Cast the Runner-Up: Kyle Gallner (Colin) was a close contender for Chip (Johnny Simmons), which is how he got the latter role.
- Creator Backlash: Pretty much everyone involved with the film hated how the marketing department resorted to framing it as a Megan Fox Fanservice vehicle. Diablo Cody recalls sending an email to a studio executive after a disastrous test screening, asking for advice on how he felt the movie should be promoted - and the response was literally "Megan Fox Hot". Karyn Kasuma refused to ask Megan to participate in what she felt was a disgusting publicity stunt (see below). Megan later questioned why the studio ignored that she had a sizable female fan base and didn't bother marketing to them.
- Creator Breakdown:
- Diablo Cody was really caught off guard by how the movie got eviscerated by fans and critics, admitting she had to go to therapy to deal with it afterwards. The backlash is what made her take time away from Hollywood to raise a family.
- Megan Fox was also struggling with being in the public eye and her controversial exit from the Transformers franchise. She too went into therapy and says this film's reception and the marketing relying entirely on her as Ms. Fanservice exacerbated matters.
- Creator Cameo: Diablo Cody appears during the fire in the barroom.
- Creator Killer: Arguably for Diablo Cody. Along with Megan Fox's performance, reviewers zoned in on Cody's writing as the major flaw of the movie. She hasn't had any major budget films since.
- Dawson Casting: 23-year-olds Megan Fox and Amanda Seyfried, and 22-year-old Johnny Simmons.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Megan Fox went down to 97 pounds to believably play a corpse, and stayed out of the sun to look pale.
- Magnum Opus Dissonance: Megan Fox calls this her favourite role, although she admits she doesn't have much in the way of choices.
- Meme Acknowledgment: Megan Fox is quite pleased that the shot of Jennifer holding a cigarette lighter to her tongue has become so gifable.
- Non-Singing Voice: Adam Brody's singing was dubbed by Ryan Levine, who played another member of the band.
- Playing with Character Type: Megan Fox was most famous for shallow "hot girl" roles in Transformers, some of which suggested she was a Femme Fatale but mostly relegated her to Shallow Love Interest. Jennifer Check, on the other hand, embodies the overt sexuality she was known for alongside being a predatory, evil man-eater.
- Protection from Editors: Advance reviews of the script went up on the internet, and one negative review was ordered to be taken down - while a positive one was allowed to stay up. After there was some backlash towards this, the positive one was taken down too.
- Queer Character, Queer Actor: Jennifer is almost certainly bi or a lesbian. Megan Fox says she played her as a closeted lesbian, while she's bisexual herself.
- Unintentional Period Piece: In a way this movie captures the 2000s in the same way a John Hughes movie captures the 80s. The swooping fringe haircuts, the skinny clothing style, the subtly mocking horror comedy tone (especially about EmoTeens, the omnipresent soundtrack of emo music and indie rock (not to mention posters of them in every bedroom). The main antagonists are also a near parody of the alternative indie/emo bands that were popular at that time.
- What Could Have Been:
- Diablo Cody was intending to write a completely straight horror film, but found that comedic touches seeped into her writing "about a third of the way into the process" - finding some of the more macabre aspects of the film to be funny in a dark way.
- Producers considered Cast the Expert and getting an actual rock star to play Nikolai, Pete Wentz and Joel Madden being the favourites. Ultimately Adam Brody was cast instead. Before the former was cast, Johnny Simmons was announced as playing Nikolai - but ended up in the role of Chip instead.
- Many actresses were tested for the role of Needy, Diablo Cody revealing that Emma Stone was one of them (this would have before her breakout role in Easy A). Megan Fox however was the first choice for Jennifer.
- The director claims that the marketing department had a truly bizarre notion of getting Megan Fox to do live chats with amateur porn sites. She refused to even ask Fox to do such a thing.
- Diablo Cody wanted to pitch ideas for a Jennifer's Body themed TV series, but people refused to even hear her pitch. Executives asked why anyone would make a series from a movie that failed. The writer reminded them of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Word of Gay: Fox confirmed that she played Jennifer as a deeply closeted lesbian.
Trivia / Jennifer's Body