- Actor-Shared Background: Megan Fox was a cheerleader in high school, like her character.
- Awesome, Dear Boy: Megan Fox admitted that she partially accepted the role of Jennifer because of the Crosses the Line Twice dialogue, "to be able to say the shit that she got to say and get away with it."
- Billing Displacement: Perhaps one of the most extreme example ever. Amanda Seyfried, who is the film's protagonist and appears onscreen at least as often as Megan Fox, is scarcely mentioned in many reviews, which (whether approving or disapproving) wish only to talk about Fox and Diablo Cody.
- Creator Cameo: Diablo Cody appears during the fire in the barroom.
- Creator Killer: Arguably for Diablo Cody. Along with Megan Fox's performance, reviewers zoned in on Cody's writing as the major flaw of the movie. She hasn't had any major budget films since.
- Dawson Casting: 23-year-olds Megan Fox and Amanda Seyfried, and 22-year-old Johnny Simmons.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Megan Fox went down to 97 pounds to believably play a corpse, and stayed out of the sun to look pale.
- Protection from Editors: Advance reviews of the script went up on the internet, and one negative review was ordered to be taken down - while a positive one was allowed to stay up. After there was some backlash towards this, the positive one was taken down too.
- Unintentional Period Piece: In a way this movie captures the 2000s in the same way a John Hughes movie captures the 80s. The swooping fringe haircuts, the skinny clothing style, the subtly mocking horror comedy tone, the omnipresent soundtrack of emo music and indie rock (not to mention posters of them in every bedroom). The main antagonists are also a near parody of the alternative indie/emo bands that were popular at that time.
- What Could Have Been:
- Producers considered Cast the Expert and getting an actual rock star to play Nikolai, Pete Wentz and Joel Madden being the favourites. Ultimately Adam Brody was cast instead.
- The director claims that the marketing department had a truly bizarre notion of getting Megan Fox to do live chats with amateur porn sites. She refused to even ask Fox to do such a thing.
- Word of Gay: Fox confirmed that she played Jennifer as a deeply closeted lesbian.
Trivia / Jennifer's Body