- Big Name Fan: Steve Harvey is a pro wrestling fan, and a fan of Lethal's work.
- Executive Meddling
- TNA's periodic removal of its contracted wrestlers from Ring Of Honor, starting in 2004. This was an ongoing thing with Lethal, who bounced in and out of ROH until 2006, then stayed away until TNA was done with him in 2011.
- Ring Of Honor barred him from working at Family Wrestling Entertainment events twice in 2013 before deciding that they didn't want any of their contracted workers showing up at the promotion's shows. Even after ROH eventually relented and allowed other names, some of whom were bigger at the time like AJ Styles, Lethal remained absent from FWE cards.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: In WCPW, he promised El Ligero another shot at the ROH World Title, but lost it to Adam Cole. This led to the creation of the WCPW Internet Championship.
- A big reason Lethal got a second run with the ROH World Championship was because Dalton Castle was legitimately injured in mid-2018 and needed time off to recover.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Push It" By Static-X in FIP and ROH, then "Pussy Liquor" by Rob Zombie, then "This Is Not" by Static-X again, then "Time And Again" by Papa Roach.
- Romance on the Set: Used to date AJ Lee. Ironically, she would go on to marry his kayfabe former mentor, CM Punk.
- Star-Making Role:
- Black Machismo is arguably this, as it was the first time he became truly notable in the pro wrestling public eye for both his character as well as in-ring skills.
- On a main event level, the House of Truth heel turn is this, as he is proving that he can be a top star carrying a persona that's all his own. Eventually he carried so much credibility that during his title reign he and Martini were turned face similar to WWE's Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman, effectively making him the top face of ROH.
Trivia / Jay Lethal