- Colbert Bump: A lot more people have went to watch the movie on YouTube once The Nostalgia Critic reviewed it.
- Crossdressing Voices: Billie Lou Watt, who also voiced Kimba the White Lion and Astro Boy, voices the titular character.
- Expy: Rebecca Sugar (creator of Steven Universe) published fan art of Princess Margaret on her Tumblr account. One can only compare Margaret's and Pearl's hairstyle.
- Non-Singing Voice: It's pretty obvious that Jack has a separate voice actor in the American dub when he sings. His speaking voice is done by Billie Lou Watt while his singing voice is probably done by Corinne Orr who also voices Princess Margaret (and Trixie from Speed Racer).
- Talking to Herself: Billie Lou Watt as Jack and Jack's Mother. Also, Corinne Orr as Princess Margaret and Madam Hecuba
- Unintentional Period Piece: The music is reminiscent of songs from the 70's when it was made, especially the music the salesman plays on his lute, and in the original Japanese version near the end of the "Tulip" song he does an Elvis Presley impression. There's also a bit of Values Dissonance when Jack's mother spanks him onscreen.
Trivia / Jack to Mame no Ki