- Actor Allusion: Ian Mcshane plays the king here as he did in Kings.
- Box Office Bomb: The cost of the film and its rather underwhelming box office gross cause this film to be a huge flop with some sources estimating the film lost over 100 million dollars.
- Fake Nationality: The Scot Ewan McGregor is faking (painfully posh) English as Elmont (counts as this world is shown to be England in the past).
- Follow the Leader: This film is basically the family-friendly Hollywood version of Attack on Titan.
- What Could Have Been: Bryan Singer spent years trying to get a remake of Excalibur off the ground. When that didn't pan out, he seems to have satisfied his medieval itch through this film.
- Meaningful Name: Although it is more commonly used as a girls name, the name Fallon actually suits the General of Gantua quite well. Fallon, which means leader, is of Irish/Gaelic origin, and not only is General Fallon the long-time patriarch of the Giants, but according to his actor, Bill Nighy, he speaks with a Northern Irish accent.
Trivia / Jack the Giant Slayer