- Executive Meddling: Inherit the Earth was originally supposed to be a serious game about quarreling races of Uplifted Animal. However when the publishers heard that the main character was a talking fox, they decided the game must be for kids. This lead to the plot being dumbed down, and the whole world becoming Lighter and Softer.
- Also, the reason why it's taken so long for there to be a sequel. There was meant to be one made after the game's initial release, but the original publisher refused to approve the project.
- Stillborn Franchise: The Sequel Hook at the end and the fact the game has a subtitle makes it clear this was supposed to be a series, but the commercial failure of the game ensured its early demise. That said, the existence of the webcomic does subvert this.
- Unintentional Period Piece: Despite humans having been presumed dead for an untold but obviously significant amount of time, it's clear that their technology before they went extinct was more advanced than what we have right now...up until you run across a giant beige computer complete with a CRT screen in some ancient human ruins (an airport).
- The creators, through Wyrmkeep Entertainment, have acquired the rights to the project and have released it in a wide swath of formats including Linux and mobile. They expect that they will be able to raise funds for a sequel through Kickstarter.
Trivia / Inherit the Earth