- Development Hell: Following inFAMOUS's success, a film adaptation was announced only two months after the game was released, and that's about it...
- Dueling Games: [PROTOTYPE] came out within weeks of inFamous. Forumgoers tend to be fans of one and not the other.
- Shades of Console Wars, too. inFamous is a PS3 exclusive. It sold less as a result, but had more critical acclaim.
- Yahtzee decided in his review of Prototype that since he put them on equal standards to challenge the creators to make pictures of their rival's title character in lingerie. Sucker Punch and Radical took that challenge, with Yahtzee ultimately declaring inFamous the winner though still recommending Prototype as well. Here's the article with the entries. (Brain Bleach recommended, if not required.).
- Hey, It's That Sound!: The sound that plays any time Cole picks up a Blast Shard is the same sound effect that plays any time the player acquires a Precursor Orb in the Jak and Daxter games.
- Name's the Same: Amusingly, Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay also featured a Show Within The Show superhero fighting crime in a place called Empire City. After that, the similarities end. Another game with a level called Empire City is the PS3 and 360 versions of Sonic Unleashed.
- Talkingto Himself: Cole and Alden Tate share the same voice actor.
- Throw It In!: Some of Zeke's lines were adlibbed and it actually gave the developers some ideas on where the story should head.
- What Could Have Been: Originally, the game was supposed to feature Cole's powers emerging at random, and varying in some way. But it was later decided that electricity worked best as it is an abundant source within modern society. Also, it turns out Zeke was originally going to be the one who would murder Trish. However, Sucker Punch decided that Zeke was "stupid, but not a murderer."
- inFamous was planned to be Sony's answer to Nintendo's Animal Crossing games, before the development got overhauled. It was supposed to be Lighter and Softer than the final product. Read here.
- The developers preferred the evil karma path, but fans liked the good path more, making it canon. Ditto with 2, meaning Second Son could have had a very different premise.
- Sucker Punch played around with the idea of giving the player the option to kill Zeke. It was instead saved for Infamous 2.
- Video Source: Has its own page.
Trivia / inFAMOUS