- Executive Meddling:
- In Chapter 7 of TEEN FORTRESS 2 Logic Editor comes in direct contact with Marrissa and wants to fix the chapter up so it comes off better, but Marrissa, who by this point knows better than to trust random strangers on the Internet, decides to post two versions of the same chapter: one unedited and uncensored (for the first time in the stories) and one fixed up. This has happened to Chapters 8 and 9 as well, and an M-rated "better" version of Chapter 1 of ITS MY LIFE! (though not on an actual Marrissa story, especially since Marrissa didn't condone what Logic was doing) has been written as well.
- Often, MarissaTheWriter has written her fanfics differently because MSTers point out moral issues; for example, abortion plots have been aborted since CadenGallic got mad at P-Body's abortion.
- Fan Nickname:
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: ITS MY LIFE! was eventually removed by Critics United. Luckily, though, there were backups. Marrissa did not take this very well, and her solution is a bit disingenuous: read the stories on the MST websites (as they were copied word-for-word, as per the nature of MST), but don't read the comments.
- What Could Have Been:
- The original draft for ITS MY LIFE! didn't feature a Mary Sue at all, instead choosing Chell as the main character (who was still pregnant with Wheatly's baby and everything).
- ITS MY LIFE! was planned to be around 40 chapters long, similar in length to My Immortal, but ran out of ideas by chapter 4.
- THE MARRISSA GAMES was originally conceived as a Sue Mary story featuring Prim as the main character, with her doing stunts that Marrissa does in the final version.
- Among the many plot bunnies that Insane Guy of DOOM had on Gobo Fraggle (the main villain of HARRY POTTER AN THE KILL OF SNAPE), some included him actually being someone else in disguise, ranging from GLaDOS to Voldemort to even a time-travelling elderly Steven Universe.
- The Wiki Rule: MarissaTheWriter Wiki.
- Write Who You Know: Marrissa already wrote "Katty Smithereens", the "Business Man" and "Mr. Logik Edtor" into TEEN FORTRESS 2. Marissa Roberts: The Girl Behind The Stories goes an extra degree and creates an Alternate Universe in which every Marissa character was, in some way, based on a real person, including GLaDOS being based on a gothic/emo girl, who always calls herself Charcoal Black'ness Dyslexia Burnout Lavigne.
Trivia / IT'S MY LIFE!