- Cast the Expert: C.W.R. Knight was a real-life falconer and trained the golden eagle "Torquil" in this film.
- The Cast Showoff: John Laurie was the choreographer and arranger for the cèilidh sequences.
- The Danza: John Laurie as John Campbell.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Michael Powell thought Roger Livesey was too old and portly to play the lead, but Livesey lost "ten or twelve pounds" and lightened his hair: Powell was convinced.
- Formally-Named Pet: The golden eagle, called "Torquil" in the film, gets his own line in the end credits. His name is Mr. Ramshaw.
- What Could Have Been: The movie was originally meant to star Deborah Kerr and James Mason. Kerr could not get out of her contract with MGM and Mason pulled out six weeks before shooting started because he didn't want to film on location.
- Working Title: The Misty Island.
Trivia / I Know Where I'm Going!