- Milestone Celebration: To mark the series' 25th anniversary the Gaorangers join forces with a bunch of veteran Sentai members.
- Name's the Same:
- Remaster: Averted in Gaoranger vs Super Sentai. All the flashbacks of previous Sentai used whatever tape masters Toei currently had of their previous series and it shows. Only a few shots looked as clean as the Gaoranger portions of the movie; most were faded, dirty, and less sharp.
- It's not Digital Destruction as that implies Toei ACTUALLY put remastering work into the older clips. Considering the typical Super Sentai budget and that any extra budget for this film probably went to bringing back the five older actors, it's likely Toei just used what they had.
- It's also not Stock Footage Failure as they're flashbacks and not meant to show currently happening events. It does count when the older footage is used for the mecha fight and Red Ranger role call (although Toei did a decent job MOSTLY matching everything together; while it's clear each Red Ranger was in a different spot for the main part of their roll-call, it was all still on some cliff so it's consistent).
- According to rumor, the differences in quality did have one benefit: it supposedly inspired a remastering effort of every series before Carrangernote that were released on DVD and averted Digital Destruction. However, it goes around and becomes a slight problem again when Toei released Gaoranger vs Super Sentai on Blu-Ray: namely due to the budget, the film was only upscaled, with all the lesser quality flashback footage as before. It's worse as the movies from Ohranger vs Kakuranger to Go Go V vs Gingaman were remastered and looked great and showed the rest of their respective series could be remastered as suchnote .
- What Could Have Been: The Gaoranger VS Timeranger crossover. Also, rumor was there were plans to allow the Time Shadow to combine with Gaoking.
Trivia / Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger