- Casting Gag: As much as it can apply to the fancast of a novel, anyway...
- Andy Mientus (Connor) is a natural brunet, has played Hanschen Rilow in Spring Awakening twice, and specifically dyed his hair blond for the role of a manipulative, sexually and romantically forward, teenager, who might be bisexual. His brunet bisexual character winds up used as a vessel for a demon, which magic bleaches hair blond, and manifests as a Magnificent Bastard Depraved Bisexual. Or just an "equal-opportunity bastard".
- Opposite Mientus for the revival of Spring Awakening is Josh Castille and Daniel David Stewart, who plays the innocent Deaf boy Ernst Robel and his voice, respectively. The amount of material with Mientus and Castille kissing led the authors to facecast Josh as Hartley, an innocent Deaf boy manipulated by blond!Connor. Or, to be technical, Robert.
- Anton Zetterholm as Rudolf Gerth, the delicate Austrian exchange student. Anton played Rudolf in Elisabeth das Musical, and was the author's first Enjolras. Thus...
- Creator's Favorite:
- Charlie's is either Hartley or Rudolf, ey can't quite decide. Rowan is the only character ey created ey doesn't constantly coo at.
- Ey also has a soft spot for Philip and saved him from dying about thirty times in the first week of co-writing.
- Brie prefers Connor or Elise. This almost resulted in Lise being an Creator's Pet but the authors hastily hauled her back on track. Well, trying to.
- What Could Have Been:
- Philip would have died at the end of book two as a Sacrificial Lion.
- Dakota would have been Rowan and Philip's biological daughter.
Trivia / Hunter's Moon