- Christmas Rushed: Widely thought to be the reason for the English translation's general lack of polish, such as the large number of typos and the like; the game was released on November 30th, 1999.
- Fan Nickname: That the protagonist's canonical name is Pete is a little known fact since it's barely mentioned anywhere and doesn't pop up as the default name when you begin the game. He's called Jack by pretty much the whole of Harvest Moon fandom, to the point that many are surprised to learn it's not his canon name. Almost every male protagonist will invariably be dubbed "Jack" by fans, though with post-IOH games more fans have begun adopting the canon names for the males sans the classic blue hatted protagonist (who is still almost never called "Pete").
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The game has been put up on a pedestal by the fandom as one of the best titles in the series, however it is not the easiest title to actually obtain. Few fans played it when it came out (most fans got into the series from Back to Nature, A(nother) Wonderful Life, or (More) Friends of Mineral Town) and the cartridge is easily one of the more pricier Nintendo 64 cartridges (ranging at $40-$70). For years Natsume stated they were unable to release it on Virtual Console due to technical reasons. However in February 2017 they finally released it on the Wii U's North American and European Virtual Consoles.
- Urban Legend of Zelda: There's a rumor that Ellen only dies if you marry Elli. Her death is inevitable. The only way to stop it is to not talk to her when she appears to be dozing on the porch.
- What Could Have Been: There's a scrapped character called "Princess Vanilla". She's purple haired with a white dress. Princess Vanilla was turned into a turtle, kidnapped from her home, the Prune Kingdom in Flower Country, by a mole, and was being forced to marry a frog. The player finds the princess after she talks to a few Harvest Sprites. If Pete chooses to pick her up, he will become a turtle as well. Eventually, possibly from a kiss from a bachelorette, Pete returns to normal, and proceeds to turn the princess back as well. From then on, Princess Vanilla stays in Flowerbud as a regular character. It's unknown why she was scrapped.
Trivia / Harvest Moon 64