- Production Nickname: Project StrongArm, which refers to the KUKA arm technology that holds the ride vehicles.
- Prop Recycling: The Hollywood version of the ride features some of the actual props from the movies being used in the queue line.
- What Could Have Been:
- Voldemort was originally going to have a physical appearance in the ride, but was cut. He would later finally get his theme park debut in Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
- Years earlier, the technology used for the ride was to be utilized in a ride based off the Van Helsing film, and would have sat on the same space Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey sits on, but the under-performance of the film killed the ride before it could move past the drawing board.
- A scene involving the giant chess pieces was planned, but cut due to budget.
Trivia / Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey