- Awesome, Dear Boy: Reportedly, the chance to work with John Woo was the main reason Lance Henriksen and Arnold Vosloo signed up for the film.
- Executive Meddling: If this is to be believed, Universal executives were horrified at Woo's original cut of the film (as was star Jean-Claude Van Damme, who complained that there was "not enough close-ups") and ordered major edits to the film in order to tone down the violence and make it to where it was presentable (in their minds) to audiences. To prevent Woo from interfering, he was locked out of the editing room during post-production. The same thing would happen to Woo again with Mission: Impossible II, in which star Tom Cruise took issue with Woo's cut of said movie.
- Missing Trailer Scene: The theatrical trailer shows Van Cleef saying "Look at it this way. You gonna get to meet Elvis" while kneeling over dead body of Roper after his men killed him on street. This short dialogue scene is not in any known version of the movie.
- Throw It In!: During the final battle, Lance Henriksen's coat accidentally caught fire. He never broke character and continued the scene while he pulled off the coat and threw it away. This remained in the final cut.
- Wag the Director: Jean-Claude Van Damme would often second guess John Woo and in post-production, he went with his own editor to make his own edit of the film. Van Damme's version excises whole characters to insert more scenes and close-ups of his character Chance. When asked about this edit, Van Damme replied that "People pay their money to see me, not to see Lance Henriksen".
- What Could Have Been:
Trivia / Hard Target