- Box Office Bomb: The Movie, in comparison to the previous season's movie. It's actually a good movie, according to reports, that simply had the bad luck to be released in the middle of Typhoon Vongfong, and considering Vongfong was one hell (for want of a better term) of a typhoon, falling behind Doki Doki in its opening weekend was pretty much expected. It did better in its second weekend but still got curb-stomped by Kin Kyori Rennai.
- The Cast Showoff: Megumi Nakajima is well-known as a Idol Singer, providing the voicebank for the Vocaloid GUMI and for her breakout role as Ranka Lee in Macross Frontier. Subsequently, there are a lot of scenes where her character is singing to herself.
- Cowboy BeBop at His Computer: The official Cantonese dub has the tenth-anniversary messages redubbed so that the Cures say it's the 10th season of the show. Happiness Charge is the 11th season and the ninth continuity of Pretty Cure. The actual 10th season is Doki Doki Pretty Cure, while the 10th continuity is Go! Princess Pretty Cure.
- Creator Killer: This season, the second in the one-two punch that started with Doki Doki, is said to have sealed the fate of series producer Hiroaki Shibata, who was moved to Toei's Super Sentai department before successor Go! Princess Pretty Cure was even halfway through.
- The Danza: Megumi Nakajima as Megumi Aino.
- Defictionalization: Yuuko's rice snacks.
- Franchise Killer: As mentioned above, HaCha resulted in a massive shakeup in the Pretty Cure department at Toei Animation. Interestingly, it was supposed to be a major improvement over DokiDoki!.
- Irony as She Is Cast: Back in Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash★Star, Naoko Matsui portrayed The Dark Chick while Akemi Okamura played one of the Mentor Mascot. Here, the roles are reversed.
- Meaningful Release Date: Episode 15, a Mother's Day episode released on Mother's Day, 2014.
- Related to this trope, Episode 19 was a soccer themed episode. It aired on the same week as the start of the 2014 World Cup.
- Milestone Celebration: While Doki Doki Pretty Cure was the tenth Pretty Cure series released, Toei Animation is considering HappinessCharge to be the 10th Anniversary series.
- To go along with this, the first 33 episodes had special celebratory segments, one each for the heroines of the previous seasons.
- To celebrate the franchise's 500th episode, episode 14 has a special opening segment with the four Happiness Charge heroines.
- Promoted Fanboy: Like Nana Mizuki and Hitomi Nabatame before her, Megumi Nakajima says she's been a Pretty Cure fan for some time, and she's happy she gets to star in a show of her own.
Trivia / HappinessCharge Pretty Cure!