- Acclaimed Flop: Despite receiving glowing reviews from several major publications including Game Spot and Destructoid, Gravity Rush 2 had the misfortune of coming out in an unusually crowded first quarter of major releases alongside other acclaimed games or Sleeper Hit titles such as Resident Evil 7: biohazard, Yakuza 0 and Tales of Berseria who all came out in the same month to the PlayStation 4. This resulted in it selling poorly, and Sony even shut down the game's servers a mere year after the release.
- I Knew It!: More than a few fan theories based on the implications of the first game were confirmed in this one. In particular, that Kat was once a queen and that Syd is Alias.
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": The game features Crossover DLC content with the SEGA MMORPG Phantasy Star Online 2, a game notorious among SEGA fans for its No Export for You status. The DLC content was released in all regions, making it the only appearance of anything PSO2 related outside of Asia.
- Meme Acknowledgement: Gravity Rush concept artist Takeshi Oga stated that the hands that points the player to the direction they need to go was inspired by Satoru Iwata's memorable "directly to you" gesture.
- Never Trust a Trailer: The trailer shows Kali Angel fighting alongside Kat in Jirga Para. Not only does Kali never appear in Jirga Para but she's also far from an ally in the game, only fighting alongside Kat in her intro.
- What Could Have Been:
- Early concept art showed Singlor and Nala's house and Singlor's experiment, implying the game would've picked up on their Sequel Hook from the original game.
- There was concept art for Elektricitie as far back as the first game. However, she didn't appear until this game.
Trivia / Gravity Rush 2