- Advertised Extra: DVD releases of the movie tend to play up the involvement of Billy Bob Thornton and Billy Zane, despite them only appearing in one scene and two scenes respectively.
- Old Shame: Adam Sandler hates this movie just as much as everyone else. He hated it so much it was not put in his filmography on his official website. He even somehow got the guide listings to remove his name, making it look like he did an unusually long cameo role.
- Real-Life Relative:
- At the time the film was made, writer-director Valerie Breiman was married to Adam Rifkin, who played Croaker and did some work on the screenplay.
- Similarly, Billy Zane pops up for a couple of brief appearances, likely because he was at the time married to Lisa Collins, who played Miss Australia.
- Throw It In!: The ship this was filmed on was also the same ship that was sending contestants to the Miss Universe pageant in Cancun, part of what explains why there's so many models in this movie.
- Unintentional Period Piece: The movie's villain? Manuel Noriega. In fact, it actually fell into this trope prior to being released, since Noriega was overthrown before it came out.
- Vindicated by Video: A few Sandler fans (or even anti-fans) find it to be an interesting peek into Sandler's early days.
Trivia / Going Overboard