- What Could Have Been:
- Kratos originally looked much different◊.
- The original game contained three bonus videos hinting where the series could go next. These concepts would be recycled for God of War: Ghost of Sparta, God Of War 2, and God Of War 3 though heavily altered:
- The Fate of the Titan shows Kronos' corpse being discovered in the desert by modern archaeologists who would explore the temple's contents, suggesting a new hero would arise. Interestingly, Cronos has a hole in his forehead, roughly where Kratos canonically stabbed him with the Blade of Olympus.
- Birth of the Beast revealed the existence of Kratos' brother Deimos, who ended up in the Underworld and became a demon seeking revenge against Kratos for abandoning him, when the two were separated because Deimos was deemed weak as a child.
- A Secret Revealed shows Kratos, now God of War, tracking down his mother to learn his father's identity. In her attempt to tell Kratos, a curse turned her into a monster that Kratos has to slay, but in her final breath, revealed that Kratos was the son of Zeus, leaving Kratos with a desire for revenge.
- The Cyclops was originally going to have a visible Penis, because the game director wanted them to have a feel similar to zoo animals.
- Kratos' final design was almost going to have purple tattoos instead of red.
Trivia / God of War